Later this year, the team behind DJ Max are planning to return to the PS Vita with their new rhythm game, SUPERBEAT: XONiC. After staffing changes at Neowiz and Pentavision which led to the DJ Max series ending with Technika Q, the developers reformed as Nurijoy to work on new rhythm music games even though they couldn’t work on the DJ Max series any more.
Their first new game, BEATCRAFT: CYLON launched last year as an Arcade game, and now the next game in the BEATCRAFT series is coming to PS Vita consoles this Autumn from Nurijoy & PM Studios (the studio behind DJ Max Fever), with acttil co-publishing the game. Currently, only North America has been confirmed for the game’s release, but as it will be getting a physical release as well as digital, those outside of the USA should be able to import and play it on their consoles. Hopefully we can see a European release since the last DJ Max game on Vita, DJ Max Technika Tune, also was released in America but never got an official EU release.
From the first screenshots that have been released, XONiC looks like it will be a touchscreen-based game having you tapping along with the music on the left and right sides of the screen. With E3 just around the corner, we’re looking forward to seeing what details about this new game emerge over the coming days & weeks.
————— Original Press Release Below —————-
INNOVATIVE MUSIC GAME DEVELOPER BRINGS SUPERBEAT: XONiC TO PLAYSTATION VITA THIS FALL!
LOS ANGELES, June 9, 2015 – PM Studios and Acttil are happy to announce the co-publication of a brand new rhythm game from PM Studios’ much celebrated BEATCRAFT series! SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ for the PlayStation®Vita system will be released in North America this fall in both retail and digital formats by PM Studios and Acttil!
The team at PM Studios is the creative force behind DJ MAX Fever, a widely acclaimed rhythm title for the PlayStation®Portable system which released in the North American market in 2008. Equipped with new user interfaces and rhythms, PM Studios has crafted an even more innovative and interactive music game experience – SUPERBEAT: XONiC will rock players’ worlds! Players will be able to experience over 45 music tracks and boogie through 200 different play patterns!
“I’m extremely excited to work with my former colleagues and bring what I feel is our spiritual successor to DJ MAX. We’ve been listening to the fans and decided that the Vita was the best platform for our players,” said Michael Yum, CEO of PM Studios. “I’m also very honored to work with the talented folks at both Nurijoy and Acttil on this new endeavor. With the former DJMAX developers at both PM Studios and Nurijoy developing what they’re best at and by allowing Acttil to help us bring this game to the market, I feel we can give the players something they can really enjoy.”
[SUPERBEAT: XONiC to appear in the trailers at Sony Computer Entertainment America’s E3 booth!]
- Rhythm on PSVita! – PM Studios will bring you back to the beat once again with the high-speed, intuitive system found only in SUPERBEAT: XONiC! Is the rhythm in you?
- Modes that fit you! – Depending on your skill level, you can choose between 4TRAX (beginner), 6TRAX and 6TRAX FX (master). The handy tutorial mode will always be available as well!
- Massive play pattern! – Are you ready to groove to our fantastic music selection and master the monster patterns thrown at you? Get your skills up with Free Style for endless game play!
- New music! – SUPERBEAT: XONiC will feature BEATCRAFT-exclusive new music alongside several popular tracks- this music is guaranteed to electrify your XONiC experience!
- Real-time DJ ranking! – Check your ranking in real-time in both local and worldwide ranking! Ride your way to the top of the charts and become the best DJ!
- Music to eyes! – Enhance your DJ experience with captivating illustrations! Over 50 mesmerizing images are available throughout the game!