Explore The Fantastical World Of Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception on May 23!
Trouble Is Brewing In The New Story Trailer!
Munich, March 8 – It’s almost time to embark on an unforgettable journey, because Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception is coming to Europe on May 23! We now have a brand new story trailer! If you suddenly woke up to an unfamiliar fantasy world populated with strange people, the last thing you’d want is to get involved in a war, right? Well, that’s EXACTLY what happens to Mask of Deception’s protagonist Haku!
It’s not all adventures and questing for the mysterious amnesiac. When the bloodthirsty Uzurusha warlord Gundhurua decides to invade the mighty nation of Yamato, everyone, including Haku and his friends, will get thrust into the midst of war. Although Haku would much prefer, you know, not fighting in a war, the great Yamato general Oshtor enlists his help in defending innocent civilians from certain doom. Even though he may not be the strongest fighter, he is a gifted strategist who can use his mind against his enemies’ brawn. Will his intelligence be able to carry him through this volatile time?
Watch nations go to war in the new story trailer below!
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Key Features
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will both be available physically for PlayStation®4 and digitally for PlayStation Vita systems in 2017 in Europe. Mask of Deception will release on May 23, and the game’s direct sequel, Mask of Truth will release later in the year with English text and the original Japanese audio. For both games, the PS4 version will be (49.99 € / £39.99), and the PS Vita version will be $39.99.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Key Facts
Release: Spring 2017
Genre: Visual Novel/RPG
Age Rating: USK Rating Pending, PEGI 18 provisional
MSRP: €49.99 / £39.99
Languages: English text and Japanese voice only
About Atlus USA
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon’s Souls™, Atlus is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences. www.atlus.com
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company’s own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.